When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet Rep

pjl

I am about to make an investment for the Royal Oak Working Chrono - Automatic/Asian Movement.

It is listed at over $500.00 and I was wondering if anyone has purchased one before and if they think it it worth that kind of $$$.

Let me know

Edited by pjl

Well, I guess the obvious question is what does A+ mean to you in terms of replica watches? As already mentioned, the watch is the incorrect size, which most people would consider to be a poor replica by definition, since it will come across as an obvious fake to people familiar with the brand. Wouldn't you be better off with a regular AP Royal Oak Jumbo, which at least is the correct size, and with the exception of the movement displayed in the display caseback, is a much more credible replica?

If they can't even get the basic dimensions right suffice it to say it is not a top notch rep and I would never pay more than $150. If you are determined to get a top notch AP rep go with the RO Offshore Chrono or better the V3 Diver. It is fine if you don't care about accuracy but then don't spend a lot of money. Or to put it more simply, I own gen, franken and rep AP's and the last rep I would buy is the Royal Oak chrono. I would look on your wrist and know instantly that it is a fake.

There are many different @12 ROO's, some more accurate than others, some which you really need to get an aftermarket strap for, and all of which need to factor in a movement service. I would recommend reading through some of the AP section posts, searchign the specific models that you like most.