When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pams.. best of the Lot?

greekgod

HI Guys,

Not really a nood coz I have been on forums for the last 2 years...however I am really caught up on time at the moment and was looking at a shortcut answer.. Just wanted to know with the introduction of many new releases to the PAM family .. do we have a super rep pam yet. I am looking at something not too plain with just a seconds hands ... I know the Noob 111 is very good.. but may be something bit more busier ...

thx ...

HI Guys,

Not really a nood coz I have been on forums for the last 2 years...however I am really caught up on time at the moment and was looking at a shortcut answer.. Just wanted to know with the introduction of many new releases to the PAM family .. do we have a super rep pam yet. I am looking at something not too plain with just a seconds hands ... I know the Noob 111 is very good.. but may be something bit more busier ...

thx ...

In 44mm, your best choice would be the noob pam029, that thing is as good as gen out of the box

In 47mm, your best choice would be the noob pam243L, very good and no mods needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

243l is 44mm

In 44mm, your best choice would be the noob pam029, that thing is as good as gen out of the box

In 47mm, your best choice would be the noob pam243L, very good and no mods needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

what size ? 44mm or 47mm???

I thought the 243 was 44mm.

47mm reps are slim pickings. 187?

Thanks very much for the info guys.. sorry I was meant to say 44mm. I have small wrists.. cheers... Ill keep and eye out :)

I'm thinking about jumping on the 243 as well....i pre-ordered the 111N weeks ago and ended up getting the more expensive Swiss Eta version in the meantime....now i got to flip one but I immediately got the itch for another...LOL....I'm new to this hobby but I can see that it is going to get crazy!!!

The Fiddys are monumental watches that are imho still underrated. This watch was notorious for being impossible to rep, the noob maker came in and gave us a true 1:1. From the crystal to the front loading case. The movement finishing on the 127s is not as good as the 217s but it's a major stretch to say the 127s movement makes it less desirable. These are 47mm though and that leads to the tentative ones passing on it, but make no doubt this one is as good as the 029, 111, 005, 243 and the 288k. Real real Super Rep.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am with battler on this one. And don't give up on 47's - I have a wrist of circa 7 1/4 inches and my DSN 6152 does NOT look like a pie plate. I started with an old 44 GMT, and have gradually made the 47mm 6152/1 my daily wearer. Just sayin... good luck with your search. 187 (a personal fave that I have not yet bought), 243L, 127, 217 - IMHO they are all top reps!

To all the above posters.. thanks very much for the insight... it would have taken me some time to figure out all that...MY first rep was a Pam btw 318 Brooklyn bridge... but then moved to APs and Brets... I am looking seriously into pams again.. Oh and JLC :) ..Thanks again guys... Battler thx for the extensive choice .. Cheers

I think the 029 is one of the super rep as has been mentioned. The 005 can be had for under $220 and IMO it is the best in terms of long term as any movement replacement can be done easily and cheaply without the need to buy an engraved movement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 029 is one of the super rep as has been mentioned. The 005 can be had for under $220 and IMO it is the best in terms of long term as any movement replacement can be done easily and cheaply without the need to buy an engraved movement.

Yes I agree.. I have the 318BB which is about 1.5 yrs old and was my daily beater... really great... but I have a sudden love for noob 187!! Thing is that I have 6.5" wrists... any thoughts??

If we could talk limited run special ed base luminor models for a second...the 390 and V2 360 reps should get a mention, my Josh purchased 390 got the nod from an independant dealer, until i explained the situation. Epic out of the box (or bubble wrap) replication.

Edited by Archetypal

Understanding those two models don't have seconds....and the question was best models with seconds. Couldn't resist mentioning those two power house belter reps. Apologies!

NO problems mate thanks for the info ... Ill read up on those now.... :) I hate being poor!

The 243 Noob is ridiculously good. I have always been partial to the 187....one of my first franken builds. But I have not seen the rep in the flesh and there may be a date changer issue. On the 243 you can plug and play a gen dial or gen movement with rep datewheel. you don't need both. You do with the 187. The 187 wears much bigger...closer to a Fiddy. So I would say for everyday wear go with the 243. In the real world I do consider the 187 the iconic sub. I have thought about buying the gen. I remember when Aaron and his brother (on the forum) both bought gens right about the time the original Honpo's came out. Long way of saying I prefer the 187 but I haven't seen the rep and the 243 is more wearable on a daily basis.

The 243 Noob is ridiculously good. I have always been partial to the 187....one of my first franken builds. But I have not seen the rep in the flesh and there may be a date changer issue. On the 243 you can plug and play a gen dial or gen movement with rep datewheel. you don't need both. You do with the 187. The 187 wears much bigger...closer to a Fiddy. So I would say for everyday wear go with the 243. In the real world I do consider the 187 the iconic sub. I have thought about buying the gen. I remember when Aaron and his brother (on the forum) both bought gens right about the time the original Honpo's came out. Long way of saying I prefer the 187 but I haven't seen the rep and the 243 is more wearable on a daily basis.

thanks for that mate... makes sense now ... I do have small wrists.. and talking about both .. they are watches which I will wear when dressed casually and they are a thing to be proud of and so the "flaunting factor" comes in. Now if that is the case I dont know if the 187 would look really huge!,,I suppose you have said the 243 is more wearable!