When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tutorial how to replace the crystal on a Speedmaster

laltromondo

So, I took the plunge and bought a manual wind Speedmaster from Michelle at Silix.

My question to all of you people with the skills is, if there is a step by step tutorial how to replace the crystal with

a curved plexi?

If not, can someone please explain step by step to a person who hardly ever opened up a backcase on a watch. But at the same time manage quite well with things where it is good to be handy.

The thing I am in particular interested to know, is how I remove the three buttons to be able to lift out the inside.

If you also have pictures, I would be forever greatful. :)

Greetings from Sweden

You dont need to remove the chrono buttons to remove the movement just the retaining tabs and screws and the crown, then you can press out the crystal with a crystal press of some times with your thumbs

In my sig below is a thread about when i replaced thre crystal with plexy

You dont need to remove the chrono buttons to remove the movement just the retaining tabs and screws and the crown, then you can press out the crystal with a crystal press of some times with your thumbs

In my sig below is a thread about when i replaced thre crystal with plexy

Thanks Andy. :)

Edited by laltromondo

• 4 weeks later...

why would it be a waste of time?

ok so the gen crystals have the logo but have all gens got that? No, as not all have been serviced by omega, and as this model is not, and will never be perfect 1-1 then if the owner wants a plexy then why not,

Also from my posts you can see that when you are doing this you can make it more acurate by painting the rehaute.