When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Jumbo

t1mmy

I don't see a lot of love for the smaller AP "jumbo" dress watch. I gotta say - I love it.

I'm no expert on this model at all - there seems several types of the gen, from 39mm to 41mm, but there's only one rep model (yes, ultimate vs normal, but the same model). Here's the pure time version

http://puretime.co/product/royal-oak-jumbo-39mm-ultimate-edition-ss-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-eta2824/

Some questions for the form experts:

1 - which Gen model does the rep relate to?

2 - how good is the rep?

I know i'll buy it because I like it, then someone will point out where its not like the gen and I'll not like it any more (stupid I know). So better to know up front!

Cheers all

Tm

I wish the dealers and forumites would stop calling this the "jumbo." The RO Jumbo, aka 15200, has a very different dial and no second hand. It is thinner and contains a legendary JLC movement. The "Jumbo" name is a throwback to when it really was significantly larger than the more standard size model, which was around 36mm.

This rep is of the 15300, which is thicker, has a second hand, and a generally more angular looking dial. It's a beautiful watch and people seem to be pleased with it. It's very easy to identify as a rep though due to the display caseback, but who cares? Wear it because it's a great watch, if not a great rep.

I wish the dealers and forumites would stop calling this the "jumbo." The RO Jumbo, aka 15200, has a very different dial and no second hand. It is thinner and contains a legendary JLC movement. The "Jumbo" name is a throwback to when it really was significantly larger than the more standard size model, which was around 36mm.

This rep is of the 15300, which is thicker, has a second hand, and a generally more angular looking dial. It's a beautiful watch and people seem to be pleased with it. It's very easy to identify as a rep though due to the display caseback, but who cares? Wear it because it's a great watch, if not a great rep.

Great post but don't worry about being called out due to the case back as strangers out in the wild should never be able to take your watch off and inspect it. The frontside is pretty accurate imo.