When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the Quartz Speedmaster Pro still the most accurate?

Akira

Still the same, has been the same on the speedy front for years...unlikely to change now unfortunately unless we get that modded a7750 with close subdial option...can't see it happening. If anything things are actually worse, last year it was no problem getting a quartz moony, lately they've changed the subdials and alot of bad batches are doing the rounds. The good ones are still available in places though. The quartz is still probably the best option. The only real concrete alternative option is doing a proper franken like azgjav has done a few times in recent threads.

Still the same, has been the same on the speedy front for years...unlikely to change now unfortunately unless we get that modded a7750 with close subdial option...can't see it happening. If anything things are actually worse, last year it was no problem getting a quartz moony, lately they've changed the subdials and alot of bad batches are doing the rounds. The good ones are still available in places though. The quartz is still probably the best option. The only real concrete alternative option is doing a proper franken like azgjav has done a few times in recent threads.

I believe you. I haven't even seen the quartz version on any sellers site. I wouldn't mind a quartz Daytona either, are those available?

I have one of these on the way from PA.

Was kind of curious how it would look, and if I might be able to squeeze a gen plexi into it (since I happen to have one new in package just laying around).

Here's a cheap one moony.

FYI, they blur out the Omega markings but they are there.

http://www.priceange...d--s290477.html

• 2 weeks later...

Bracelet on par with my handwind commemorative rep (pins and barrels too), slightly domed, and the rehaut is black.

The big chrono second hand is just a RCH off to the left when reset to the 12 o'clock position. 3 o'clock subdial follows the hour hand, 6 o'clock is the second hand for the movement, and 9'oclock is the chrono minute hand.

So, it is definitely a $60 piece, but I will most likely use the solid caseback on my handwind once I get it repaired (yes, I checked and it fits perfectly).

Oh, and it took 18 days to get it. It sat in China at the postal depot for 10 days before if finally started it's journey (not PA's fault).

dsc00501qw.jpg

dsc00503mz.jpg

dsc00504.jpg

Nice, thanks for the update Idk, for the price its great, glad to hear the rep bracelet has pins and sleeves, was looking for one.

Isn't there a quick reset method on the main chrono hand for quartz? Can't remember it now but it was something like press both pushers simultaneously when the crown is out fully? I cant remember exactly? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...