When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos With Diamonds

pjl

not sure how those fake diamonds will hold up

Probably quite well. Whether or not the "diamonds" stay in their settings, is down to the build quality of the rep. I would expect your average $20 Canal Street fake to start shedding stones pretty quickly, but a good quality rep should be OK. As for the "diamonds" themselves, in a decent rep they will be cubic zirconium. This is very hard - so should wear well. It isn't quite as hard as diamond, but it will scratch glass and there isn't a lot that will damage it. It doesn't sparkle quite as brightly as real diamonds, and the quality of reflected light is different - but unless you have something to compare it with, most people would be hard put to tell the difference.

Can you give me your opinion? Do the diamonds look jeezzzy? Etc...

Depends if it is the ladies version or not ;-) IMO (and you asked!) diamonds look absolutely fine on the wrist of the sort of woman who wears a lot of jewellery. As a dress watch it can go very nicely as a part of an overall ensemble. For mens watches, though, rep or gen - diamonds look too jeezzzy for words! They always make me think of a stereotypical pimp - they would go nicely with your broad-rimmed felt hat, fur coat and gold-tipped cane. I loathe bling with a passion. However, to each their own - if you like it then good luck to you!