When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen bracelet arrived!

cc33

Thanks, funny enough I never really saw the point in building a Franken on my own and have always just bought them from others who put all the hard work in.. this is my first official full project and I guess I'm going for the moon lol. I hope it turns out and ends up looking like this

post-38788-0-16874300-1340157443_thumb.j

Lol, yes its yours. The end links are stamped 57.. but they are permanentely attatched to the bracelet and the plated rivet bracelets don't have numbers stamped on the end links.. one of the reasons that I decided to get a solid 18k case is because his plating was slightly darker in color than the bracelet I had bought. So it didn't match 100%. If you can find one that is 14k I think it would maybe match better, although Freddy has the plated gen bracelet and the dw case and from his pics it seems to be a perfect match. Maybe you can ask him if his is 18k plated gen or 14. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm trying to exercise patience but its hard.. funny story; I found that case on eBay as everyone knows, and contacted phong yesterday to order a really nice dial and hands for it. I know that David is sending me a dial and hands as well but I wanted a backup or if nicer use David's as the backup.. anyways, phong asked out of curiosity if I had the case to go with the dial and hands. I told him about buying one on eBay and he laid into me a bit saying that he's the best and other cases aren't made as well.. and I should have got it from him. I advised him that his prices are too high and that I spent x amount less on the one I got. I sent him pics of the case. He emailed me back telling me that it was his son who sold me that case on eBay lol what a small world. So now case dial hands pushers crown tube stem and crystal are all from phong. But for less money. :)

post-38788-0-18974300-1340479083_thumb.jI would have, thanks, but I'm getting one from phong with my case.. update; phong and I have decided to go with one of his 727 movements so that he can build the watch for me. When I get it I will just have to put the band on and that's it. I know its not as fun but David needed too much time.to build the mvmt and phong had one ready to go nd the best part is that the serial numbers will be the same on the case and mvmt. Here's a pic of it.