When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help W/importing a Chinese tractor

CajunFrog

I have been looking at the pros & cons of self-importing a compact 4wd tractor. I am looking at the Jinma. They make the Farm-pro, Nor-trac, etc.

What I am looking for is perhaps someone who has done this here or someone who has contacts in China. I have been in touch with several manufacturing groups and their prices are around 60% of what one sells here or around $5,300 for an epa approved tractor that dealers sell for around $8,800 here. The problem is getting the tractor over thru customs and all. Going thru a bonded consolidated freight forwarder costs around $1200 so that takes a big hunk out of the potential savings and their is always a risk that something could go drastically wrong. :wounded1:

It is easier and much cheaper per tractor to import a container load of these but I would have to buy 8 tractors and I do not have the facilities nor desire to go in the tractor business. If I could find 7 other people who live in south central Louisiana who wanted tractors then we all could form a joint venture and realize significant savings potential.

What would be nice is if I could buy directly from the factory and bypass the group. This should save several hundred dollars and would make the venture on a single tractor more feisable.

Anyone with importing experiece or knowledge in this area please respond or pm me.

K

This is a great honor. The great Neil has responded to one of my posts! Especially since this not watch related.....no wait!! The tractors have hour meters.....this is as bad as asking who has the best Sub. With my newbee status I really opened myself up for that one. :lol: Score another for Niel!

On a serious note guys. I have done a lot of reasearch and am about to pull the trigger on a major purchase here. I though maybe one of you guys might have a different source or angle on this to save some money even if its not a rep. You can't sneak one of these babys through customs in a jiffy bag @narikaa.

How about it Neil?? You have a lot of contacts and I don't think you are in the tractor business.....Yet!

Thanks,

K

I have been looking at the pros & cons of self-importing a compact 4wd tractor. I am looking at the Jinma. They make the Farm-pro, Nor-trac, etc.

What I am looking for is perhaps someone who has done this here or someone who has contacts in China. I have been in touch with several manufacturing groups and their prices are around 60% of what one sells here or around $5,300 for an epa approved tractor that dealers sell for around $8,800 here. The problem is getting the tractor over thru customs and all. Going thru a bonded consolidated freight forwarder costs around $1200 so that takes a big hunk out of the potential savings and their is always a risk that something could go drastically wrong. :wounded1:

It is easier and much cheaper per tractor to import a container load of these but I would have to buy 8 tractors and I do not have the facilities nor desire to go in the tractor business. If I could find 7 other people who live in south central Louisiana who wanted tractors then we all could form a joint venture and realize significant savings potential.

What would be nice is if I could buy directly from the factory and bypass the group. This should save several hundred dollars and would make the venture on a single tractor more feisable.

Anyone with importing experiece or knowledge in this area please respond or pm me.

K

Cajun Frog - I have a friend of a friend whose business is helping people import stuff from China legally. PM me your contact information, and the specs on the tractor, and I'll see if the guy can help you.