When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do I protect myself from pay pal scam?

mikolee

Seems like their are some folks that use pay pal to use it to their benefit. Happened to me when I sold some items in eBay. Buyer gets item, says it's broken , files claim, wins claim, keeps money and supposed broken item.

How can I protect myself? Obviously I won't be putting contraband terms in pay pal title, if I don't ask for gifted what can I do?

Thanks

I have always looked at selling stuff over the net like this, you can only sell and take payments for those items that you sell if you have faith in people to do the right thing....most of the time!

Honest people are the majority of your buyers and tbh if someone wants to try to scam you....they will :wounded1: in saying that I have used Paypal to get my money back from a seller a couple of times this year too but only when the product was either broken or just nothing like what I bought, it's a two way street, my last was for a $300 phone that I bought in full working order and lightly used to find it worked when it wanted too and had been abused by the previous owner.....I did however have to send the phone back to get my refund as I had done before that too (cost me extra $60 in post fees!).

I know a couple of us have had problems lately but the door swings both ways in all this and Paypal should enforce the return of any goods before a refund is given to the buyer....it's fair that way for both parties ;)

Scammers get there just rewards eventually mate :bangin:

I have always looked at selling stuff over the net like this, you can only sell and take payments for those items that you sell if you have faith in people to do the right thing....most of the time!

Honest people are the majority of your buyers and tbh if someone wants to try to scam you....they will :wounded1: in saying that I have used Paypal to get my money back from a seller a couple of times this year too but only when the product was either broken or just nothing like what I bought, it's a two way street, my last was for a $300 phone that I bought in full working order and lightly used to find it worked when it wanted too and had been abused by the previous owner.....I did however have to send the phone back to get my refund as I had done before that too (cost me extra $60 in post fees!).

I know a couple of us have had problems lately but the door swings both ways in all this and Paypal should enforce the return of any goods before a refund is given to the buyer....it's fair that way for both parties ;)

Scammers get there just rewards eventually mate :bangin:

thanks well said.