When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Water Droplets/Condensation

I bought a Sub-C from BK about 3 weeks ago and haven't used it in water. Thought I'd get it a bit wet to see if it could handle going deeper, so I placed it in a foot of water and shook it. Not a single bubble appeared, so I figured everything was good. This morning there are droplets on the dial marker and a minor fogginess to the dial when exposed to sunlight. The movement works fine and the time is being kept perfectly

I've placed the watch in a hot dry place with the crown unscrewed and I hope the water will evaporate by itself--anyone have any tips on what to do?

The one thing I notice is that the rotating bezel has a slight amount of play to it, as in it can rock side to side approx. 0.3mm when pressed in.

I bought a Sub-C from BK about 3 weeks ago and haven't used it in water. Thought I'd get it a bit wet to see if it could handle going deeper, so I placed it in a foot of water and shook it. Not a single bubble appeared, so I figured everything was good. This morning there are droplets on the dial marker and a minor fogginess to the dial when exposed to sunlight. The movement works fine and the time is being kept perfectly

I've placed the watch in a hot dry place with the crown unscrewed and I hope the water will evaporate by itself--anyone have any tips on what to do?

The one thing I notice is that the rotating bezel has a slight amount of play to it, as in it can rock side to side approx. 0.3mm when pressed in.

You were right to test a replica before diving into the ocean with it, but I would not recommend to everyone to jab their new watch into a basin of water ;)

Trusted watch technicians like Vaccum in Florida will test/troubleshoot a watch to 10ATM (220 feet depth) for about $40. He does not promise he can get all 10ATM out of your watch, but he does a good job.