When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC NSD - Teardown

mt666tm

Does anyone know how "waterproof" this watch is? With all those gaskets it's got to count for something.

I prob. won't ever go deeper than 10ft.

Ordered mine from Andrew at Trusty Time. Got the QC pics today and can't wait to have it in hand.

From what I understand, all of these watches come from a single source so there should be no difference.

I have ordered from Anderw before and he is great to work with.

Looks like it does pretty well. I did grease the back case o-ring.

7803114960_441b0d38db.jpg

photo 1

7803114498_6e9779308c.jpg

photo 3

Edited by sRD_STi

If you spend a lot of money on a replica watch and want to wear it in the water, spend just a few more dollars to have it pressure checked. Why destroy a $400 watch over a $40 test?

I sent my Tag 500M to Vaccum, and after he had verified all the gaskets it passed at 7ATM depth.

If you spend a lot of money on a replica watch and want to wear it in the water, spend just a few more dollars to have it pressure checked. Why destroy a $400 watch over a $40 test?

I sent my Tag 500M to Vaccum, and after he had verified all the gaskets it passed at 7ATM depth.

I have difficulty finding a watch shop that will work on reps. Therefore, I work on them myself.

I guess it's just the nature of the business, nobody wants to work on them and I have come to accept that.

Most places don't even want to finish a conversation with you after you tell them it's a replica.

But I do understand where you are coming from and appreciate it.

I have difficulty finding a watch shop that will work on reps.

You are absolutely right! That is why the community maintains a list of trusted watch technicians / watch makers.

If you ask on the forum, maybe a member local to you already knows of a shop close-by that will help or you can always mail your watch to a trusted forum watchsmith.