When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking into creating a super ceramic sub

irolexu

So I am thinking about saving up towards a BK ceramic sub and modifying it with PBdad specs and wanted some inputs and price ideas. Heres what I have planned and if anyone has better ideas and things to consider chime in!

-AR cyclops

-Brush bracelet to gen like spec

-Pearl mod and centered

-Paint mod

-Change the hour hand to skinnier design

-Ad TC V3 endlinks to the existing bracelet (this is where I need input as I am not sure if the design on the 16610 end link and 116610 are the same or not)

-Gen crown (does it use the same as 16610?) Have one in stock

So with all listed what am I expected to pay? I really do not want to hit the 1000 dollar mark.

Why bother doing all that, if you're going to use the wrong case? The rehaut and engraving and lugs will still be off. You can build yourself a Super-hulk like mine (or use the black dial if you prefer) for cheaper than that, and use a gen crystal instead of an AR'ed cyclops installed on a rep crystal. There's nothing like a gen crystal with cyclops AR, trust me. I've tried everything else, nothing touches the gen (the BigCrown might come close).

• Like 1

Why bother doing all that, if you're going to use the wrong case? The rehaut and engraving and lugs will still be off. You can build yourself a Super-hulk like mine (or use the black dial if you prefer) for cheaper than that, and use a gen crystal instead of an AR'ed cyclops installed on a rep crystal. There's nothing like a gen crystal with cyclops AR, trust me. I've tried everything else, nothing touches the gen (the BigCrown might come close).

What's the correct case? I take it your saying BK uses an infarer case? And I agree nothing touches a gen crystal except the price. It's something I want to do on a budget and I can live with rep AR that's fine and there's a bk 116610 on RG that's absolutely gorgeous for 700 but right now I'm tight on funds and can't do it. If there is a proper case to gen spec please do tell us all :)