When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

will regret the current gen 5.5 42mm PO

KMAC

• 3 weeks later...

Received the watch and its great. Through it in one of my SMP's boxes for first pic. Just some iPhone pics for now.

IMG_3972.jpg

Bracelet not sized, but first wrist shots

IMG_3976.jpg

Good even AR

IMG_3956.jpg

Lume is better then expected, the hands and pearl are weak though. Below is a comparison with my 2254.50

IMG_3954.jpg

Fits well on my SMP rubber

IMG_4021.jpg

Curve fits perfect and the spring bars are tightly spaced.

IMG_4018.jpg

Next to the 2254.50

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Lume next to the 2254.50

IMG_3966.jpg

the 2254.50

1photo3.jpg

2531.80 wrist shot

DSC_0436.jpg

Old tritium lume 2531.80 wrist shot

DSC_0562.jpg

Much better than the old UPO i had. This is very gen like, the lume markers are very white when not charged, pearl is good, and good AR. Much better then the UPO even with the Chief AR on that last one I was very disappointed in the watch and this is almost perfect.

In this pic kmac:

IMG_3966.jpg

Is the lume charged at a similar rate to the 2254 in this shot? Normally in PO's I've seen the dial markers are weaker than the hands in lume strength,(although I haven't seen the latest factory runs of the PO) In your pic above the markers seem much stronger than the hands in the rep and holds up well next to the gen smp, and normally the 2254 would be about equal in lume strength (but bigger markers) than the gen PO but much stronger than the rep PO. So wondering have they improved the lume somewhat or you got a one off superlumed one or they are charged differently?

My 2254.50 is brighter then my friends 2200.50. I think slightly more like area is the cause of that. Both during the gen v gen test were outside during a hawaii BBQ and brought in to check them. Man v man watch-off I guess. This case the 2254 was in my drawer for a while and when I pulled the 5 gen PO out of the box I charged both over my bathroom light for 1 minute or so to take a pic with my iPhone. The hands/pearl are definetly fainter and the markers are pretty close to the 2254 but not as eye popping. I will charge both outside a while and that should cause the 2254 to out shine the rep. But the 5gen surprised me. It doesn't last long but if I am outside and come in with it then it is definetly good lume. I would say close to a citizen (not color but strength) and not as good as a seiko sumo or in the same league as the omegas. It is close to my 2531.80 but that is because it has very little area on that.

I will re lume or dial swap later but I'm going to enjoy this awhile.

Yeah agree with 2254 area being more glowing :) I had just wondered if the reps PO's had come on in huge leaps with lume or something I missed, I have gen 2254 and gen PO and both have different lume surface areas but similar intensity (brightness) in lume strength from equal charge. The rep PO is pretty good for a rep and while it is good on solid lume charge it takes much longer to get up to that intensity and fades much faster. Still a great rep though, if they added full superlume and charged $50 more it would be interesting to see how the sales would go :)

Here is both after about 10 minutes outside and with just night settings to allow for a slightly long exposure.

DSC_0474-1.jpg

DSC_0477-1.jpg

Both for the sexy lume shot with 10-12 second exposure

DSC_0472-1.jpg

And I was asked for additional pictures of the PO and the 2254. Not the same series so not suppose to be exactly the same, but a comparison.

DSC_0465-1.jpg

DSC_0458-1.jpg

DSC_0456-1.jpg

CROWNS

DSC_0453-1.jpg

PEARLS

DSC_0452-1.jpg

DSC_0447-1.jpg

HE Valve

DSC_0451-1.jpg

DSC_0444-1.jpg

DSC_0450-1.jpg

DSC_0441-1.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

DSC_0426-1.jpg

Here is both after about 10 minutes outside and with just night settings to allow for a slightly long exposure.

DSC_0474-1.jpg

DSC_0477-1.jpg

Both for the sexy lume shot with 10-12 second exposure

DSC_0472-1.jpg

And I was asked for additional pictures of the PO and the 2254. Not the same series so not suppose to be exactly the same, but a comparison.

DSC_0465-1.jpg

DSC_0458-1.jpg

DSC_0456-1.jpg

CROWNS

DSC_0453-1.jpg

PEARLS

DSC_0452-1.jpg

DSC_0447-1.jpg

HE Valve

DSC_0451-1.jpg

DSC_0444-1.jpg

DSC_0450-1.jpg

DSC_0441-1.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

DSC_0426-1.jpg

That's fantastic Kmac, great, pics btw! Looking at the PO rep next to the 2254 in the long exposure shot, it definitely looks like they improved the lume a bit on the rep markers, not quite as radioactive as the 2254 :) but it is much stronger than the PO hands. I'm not sure if this is widespread improvement in lume on all PO reps or you got better than usual lume on yours. Glad you like it anyway, for the prices you can't go wrong.