When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Hour Hand And The Second Hand Touched

dvn

Hi

I have a problem on a daytona and the problem is the hour hand touch the second hand. The watch run fine up until the point where hour hand cross path the second which usually at 5 or 6 or 7 hour position and the watch stop becuase the hour hand touch the second hand. How difficult is the fix for the person with no watch experience and without any tool?

Let's see... How hard is this problem to fix for a person with no experience and no tools?

I think you answered your own question there...

It's not a difficult fix if you've uncased a movement before and have the right tools. But if you do not, you might want to consider letting someone who is versed in the matter perform this task for you.

Let's see... How hard is this problem to fix for a person with no experience and no tools?

I think you answered your own question there...

It's not a difficult fix if you've uncased a movement before and have the right tools. But if you do not, you might want to consider letting someone who is versed in the matter perform this task for you.

The reason that i asked the question because the Daytona came from a member of this forum and i purchased from him a few days ago and when i got it i expericence the problem. I contacted the member and he said that the problem is easy fix once i can uncase it. I replied to him that the only thing i have done is to shorten the bracelet and i don't have any tool except the precision screw drivers. I am still waiting for him to let me know. What should i do in this case? is the member seller responsible to fix the problem since the watch came unfuntional ?

thank you for any inputs