When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need help with AP case screws (to secure end links to case)

Legend

My rep AP ROO (stainless steel case) has two missing screws on the case. These screws are in place to secure the end links to the case.

Anyway, failing to get replacements from my TD (who by the way is fast becoming an un-TD), I ordered the case screws from APbands. The short story is that the screws did not fit into the rep case. :cryss:

Does anyone know what are the more practical solutions I could adopt, since my dealer has failed for the past 2 months to get the replacement screws for me (sending wrong ones.. citing factory raids, general non replies, olympics etc), and I do not own a drilling machine at home to modify the case screw holes depth/size.

Can someone help please? I am a relative newbie and a total noob about dimensions of gen/rep cases, screws, bar and caps, straps etc..

Any assistance would be much appreciated thank you. I would also be willing to purchase the correct screws from anyone who has them, and donate $20 to RWG if I get this problem fixed. :)

Thanks to all!

A very crude way to reduce the diameter of something like that with serious tools is to spin it up in en electric drill, then hold sand paper or a fine file against the spinning screw to remove some metal and reduce the diameter. It's slow going if you need to remove much and not exactly elegant, but without either a lathe or drill press you're only other option is buying different screws.

A very crude way to reduce the diameter of something like that with serious tools is to spin it up in en electric drill, then hold sand paper or a fine file against the spinning screw to remove some metal and reduce the diameter. It's slow going if you need to remove much and not exactly elegant, but without either a lathe or drill press you're only other option is buying different screws.

Thanks Logan, I figured that would be a good way to solve this.. I have also taken the lazy man's route and ordered some from another dealer who has them and is willing to supply them. ;)

• 3 weeks later...