When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pens Pens Pens!

greekgod

Last one: Gen Jjulesverne_2.jpg?t=1336724752ules Verne - promo shot

Rep Jules Verne (version two ... version one was poor

MBJVerne1_zps28c58ccc.jpg?t=1348144662

MBJVerne2_zpsb95d48b3.jpg?t=1348144659

Edited by seriph

You're a hundred percent right if you compare the pens I buy with the entry-level model in MB's range.... but the gens of my models are thousands of dollars not hundreds.

The Gandhi pen is a round $3500 and relatively rare due to issues around its big brother which was $30K ... seems the Indian government thought its price was at odds with what Gandhi stood for

The Pope Julius pen is around $5000 if you can get one

Marlena Dietrich $4800 and so on...

A basic MB black pen is cheap, but for a vastly different market.

Being a collector/fan of all brands of fine pens, there are most certainly some awesome ones available for reasonable money ... for people wishing to enjoy using a fine writing instrument that won't break the bank, buying and restoring a vintage fountain pen is a fun thing to do - the fountain pen network members buy and sell some stunners.

Parker has a pen you can buy for $49 and one you can't get for under $15,000 - the brand is not one I consider high-end in reputation, but their up market stuff is breathtaking - but then, so is their new, very innovative 'replica' fountain pen, which looks like an FP but is an RB. It's around $200 and really quite beautiful.

:D

Edited by seriph