When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New here and need a little help

Simced

• 5 months later...

Hate to be a bearer of bad tidings, but you probably went to his profile page and found no contact info, plus he's been offline since mid September. Ziggy is planning to retire from watchmaking at the end of the year. He is from what I understand not going to take any new orders after June. I can assure you that he will be flooded by old members who have used his services for many years, so my guess, and it's only a guess, he won't take on any business from new members. My advice to you would be to check around this and the other forums and try to establish a relationship with someone else. there are several very good modders working herein the USA. The biggest problem is all the ones that  I have  been in contact with cannot offer the range of services that Ziggy did. He was the best, bar none at re lumes. he could do case wortk, and he is a master watchmaker, so no worries about him cobbling up a movement overhaul.

Good luck, and keep everyone here posted about you experiences with other modders. Believe me, there are going to be a bunch of us in your position come the end of this year.   

There are  going to be a lot of folks going into panic mode when the news finally sinks in!!

It's definitely true, unfortunately. I got and email from him around the first of January with the announcement that he was closing up shop at the end of 2012, no new orders after June, and the focus will be on servicing movements and lume, "projects" evaluated on and individual basis.

MD, you need to get going on the lume, I know you got the watchmaking part down pat. There are going to be a lot of folks looking for a place to send watches in the next few months.