When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap for Patek Aquanaut - Ideas?

Silva

Hello gentlemen. Can anybody offer some advice on getting a black rubber strap for my PP Aquanaut 5167? I’d like to get a strap soon as I’ll be going out of town next weekend. I remember hearing some dealers had the rubber for $30 plus $15 shipping which is more than I’d hoped plus I don’t know if it would even arrive in time - I’m in the US.

Any fellow Aquanaut owners willing to part with a strap - new or gently used? My wrist is about 6.75 in.

I could get by with half a strap as when I got the watch it had a bracelet and a mismatched black/brown rubber set I got it from a friend of a friend so no dealer to contact.

New poster so apologies if something is wrong here. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

pics

I love the way the bezel catches the light

post-31919-0-71715300-1346454120_thumb.j

post-31919-0-10608200-1346454143_thumb.j

Sorry I'm no help Silva, I only have the one strap ..and it's already on my aquanaut...and I'm in the EU anyway ;), but it does interest me that you said $30 from the dealers for a spare, was thinking of picking one up eventually just to have an extra.

You might find it difficult to get one quickly, but you never know, if not why not throw the watch on any basic leather strap for going away, leather goes fairly well on these also.

Thanks, cougar. I've thought about leather but don't currently have anything I'm happy with -- will have to look around. Strange, I don't often see them pictured on leather perhaps owing to the unusual strap/lug/case attachment and the difficulty of swapping straps. If anybody has some Aquanaut/leather glamour shots, I'd love to see :)

How do the rubber straps hold up over time? Thanks again.