When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Hublot - Big Bang Rose Gold Ceramic

Surashu

On RG there was a HB Diver sold for +/- 1000USD...nicely modded, but the weight is so off from teh rep, what a waste of parts and money on the rep. I have handeled both gen/rep...and that is a TO BIG of a difference!

Agreed on the $1000 rep. For a couiple hundred dollars or less you can swap in a proper ETA movement (it is an ETA movement) and do a couple of minor aesthetic mods. For my money though the Diver is aesthetically one of, if not the, best Hublot reps aesthtically and this is coming from someone who has handled both at the same time - or at least within 40 seconds of one another. No, I didn't have the balls to where the rep into the Boutique. :clown: I also have to say that I had a similar opportunity to do the same thing on another occasin comparing a V1 Black Magic I owned with a gen ss/cf bezel at the AD and I was surprised at the weight differential there. As long as I have experts on line, do any of the Big Bang reps actually use a ti mid-case or whatever causes the differential between rep and gen?

The watch is now 850 as the gen strap has been split I understand....

However if TnG installed an ETA 2836 it must be a V3? Going by DW position and other details it certainly looks like one.... plus he only got the dial and hands relumed so they dont match now with the inner bezel...

I dont have a problem with spending that sort of dosh but surely its better to keep to maker specs unless you can be sure on making sure the mods are worth that additional cost... I mean that lume alone would attract more attention than the rep lume would... then the DW position and hand stack etc etc... plus the case flaws ....... blah blah blah..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In person the rose gold looks great, really solid.

As far as the dial goes I have been looking backwards and forwards between the gen picture and the watch and I cannot see any stand out differences but that is my untrained eyes.

Unless you overlay two pictures or start measuring with a micrometer I think it is pretty accurate?

Hello man!

A tip, Hublot tend to modify the pictures on their site in order to make it harder for people to copy the looks. So compare your watch with photos taken from a camera, as the site may show details that doesnt exist on the actual watch you have.

Take care

• 2 weeks later...