When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po Clasp

jsw

I have received a new PO but one of the buttons on the clasp does not function very well, it is stiff and does not have a spring bounce back like the button on the other side. Consequently the release is not good and I have to force a release. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks,

JSW

Edited by jsw

I had exactly the same problem on my Omega SMP.

The fix was easy... dismantle the clasp, then gently ream out the offending hole with a round file. Takes a few minutes only.

You need a bracelet pin-pusher.. my cheapo version from Narikaa did the job without drama. Just remove one pin and the clasp can be dismantled. It was an easier job than I anticipated... and I have five thumbs on each hand.

Sorry about the poor quality of this photo:

149026-15140.jpg

Edited by Highflyingclive

I had exactly the same problem on my Omega SMP.

The fix was easy... dismantle the clasp, then gently ream out the offending hole with a round file. Takes a few minutes only.

You need a bracelet pin-pusher.. my cheapo version from Narikaa did the job without drama. Just remove one pin and the clasp can be dismantled. It was an easier job than I anticipated... and I have five thumbs on each hand.

Sorry about the poor quality of this photo:

149131-15111.jpg

Many thanks highflying clive. I opened it up and sprayed a bit of WD40, that seems to have done the trick nicely.

I've now noticed another problem. I don't seem to be able to screw in the crown, it arrived unscrewed. The crown operates as expected with first click date, second click time. But when I try and screw the crown onto the thread, it stops after the first turn. Has anyone else hit this issue?

Thanks,

James