When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Sub ....Opinions

panera

After the DSSD I decided to buy a ceramic bezel 40,5 mm sub

But I have no idea hpw is the quality and how many version are there?

My dealer Trevor have only this which is non Noob factory for the time beeing He send me a QP

Could you help me to decide???

Thx in advence

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

OK, I am not a Sub expert, but I have been studying, so I will give it a try. Maybe some of the real Sub experts on the forum can tell me if I am way off base.

It appears that this model has slightly narrower lugs than the gen, meaning they taper to a more narrow width at the tip. The hour markers appear to have thinner rims like the gen where most of the reps we are used to seeing have thicker surrounds to the markers. The crown height appears slightly better than the ones I am used to seeing, but still does not appear to be as high as the gen. The hands are too thick. The bezel looks pretty good and the pearl is even decent. The thing that jumps out at me most, however, is the date appears to be overmagnified.

All that being said, I still think this is a beautiful watch and would proudly wear it myself. I am a Sea-Dweller fan, but I am finding myself looking at the Subs more and more. I think it is just a matter of time.

OK, since I am a newbie, let's see what the real experts have to say.

We should stop nit picking these factory replicas and enjoy the watches for what they are they are a cheap alternative to the over inflated gen prices as i have said in other posts our hobbie is getting too serious its a great looking watch and the chances that a person will bump into you who is a gen expert and will carry on him a lobe and examine your watch is pretty remote even an expert will be hard pushed to notice the differences of a watch on your wrist

these watches can be modded dials swopped upgaded movements and so on , factory replicas are getting better and better but these watches are made in china (and very well made) and at a fraction of the price but they are made by another factory not by rolex so each factory will have there own way of replicating the watch and another way of constructing each individial items coupled with the factories cost saving policy of using the same parts for similar models resulting in wrong case/bracelet numbers and so on enjoy your watch and always read the excellent posts on RWG for choosing and modding your watch and there is nothing wrong with wearing your watch right out of the box!

Edited by aeromatic