When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Strap required. Help/Advice Needed : )

amonzur

Hello everyone,

recently i bought this daytona from Andrew at Trusty Time

post-48123-0-98994800-1350639404_thumb.p

Now, i have small wrists or this has a big strap, probably me!

I've adjusted it but its still slightly too big, to a point where it looks silly.

Rather than going to the gym i'd prefer to just replace the strap with an adjustable one like this one (not a fan of silver or metallic straps).

post-48123-0-78654700-1350639550_thumb.p

However, Andrew said

It can fit the normal SS bracelet Daytonas. The Leather Daytonas has a lug piece which will not fit at all

Regards, Andrew

So im reaching out to you guys as i dont know much, if anything on this subject.

Im after an authentic looking leather or rubber strap in black that will fit my daytona and adjust to my wrist size.

PS-all genuine daytonas fit me fine, so i think the strap on this one might be a little too large.

Can anyone point me to where i can buy a good one please?

As always thanks for any and all help provided and apologies if this is duplicated topic.

Hey bud, I'm not going to get into the whole thing but in short you pretty much said it all. The daytonas that come on leather have a built in end link that can't be removed without leaving a gap in the case itself. So, rubber b (which is the company that makes the band in your photo) does make a band for your watch. It's the one in the second pic. When you order a band for your leather daytona make sure it is for the one you have. Like the band in the 3rd pic that will attach to your end links.

post-38788-0-06578900-1350657430_thumb.j

post-38788-0-16387300-1350657450_thumb.j

post-38788-0-93439500-1350657461_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey bud, I'm not going to get into the whole thing but in short you pretty much said it all. The daytonas that come on leather have a built in end link that can't be removed without leaving a gap in the case itself. So, rubber b (which is the company that makes the band in your photo) does make a band for your watch. It's the one in the second pic. When you order a band for your leather daytona make sure it is for the one you have. Like the band in the 3rd pic that will attach to your end links.

wahey!

thank you so much for the helpful response.

So just to be clear, the band you reccomended will re-use parts from my existing band? as in the 3rd pic?

Also that bands $220! thats pretty much what i paid for the watch! :)

is there a more economical option?

Thanks again.

Your welcome. Ok, so the rubber b bands have been repped, the one in your pic is the rep so ask trusty time for the one that you need. Yes the band you buy will attach to the end links that are built into your case, so no need for anything other than the proper band. By the way I wasn't recommending that band I used the rubber b pics because you had placed a photo of the rep version, I was showing you that they make one for your needs. You can buy any number of bands that are made for your exact model.

Correct, but the indented areas are hidden below the bezel, so what you actually see should look similar to the watch in my pic. The rep (not from Andrew) I took apart had the standard lug holes & this may differ from Andrew's. Of course, Andrew usually knows his stock, so I could be wrong in this case.

hmmmmm! damn, this looks tricky.

another thing i have to consider is that i wanted a black strap with black stitch, not white.

Looks like im kinda stuck.

its disappointing as i REALLY LIKE the rubber b strap! it would go perfect with my daytona!

Thanks for all the help anyways guys!

much appreciated.

Edited by amonzur