When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Diagnosing Watch Symptoms

mezzanine

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback here, but first- be warned...I am a noob and am sure that I'm going to expose my stunning level of horological ignorance at some point in my post.

I've got a new Tag Link Chrono from King that has been exhibiting some symptoms that I think *might* be indicative of a faulty movement. I wanted to check with you guys before contacting her about it, in case I'm wrong.

When I wind the watch, I'm only getting about 26 hours or so of running time before it stops. I had figured I would be getting closer to 48 or so. I'm not running the chrono...checked to make sure it worked, and then haven't used it since. I've only wound the watch three times at this point. This last time, as it was starting to tighten up (harder to wind), I actually felt what seemed like a hiccup, or the dreaded feeling of no resistance, for about a quarter turn of the crown after about 15 full winds. That made me a little nervous. I want to get this figured out soon, as I want to be able to contact King about it if the movement is indeed damaged.

I am really crossing my fingers that if it's damaged, there's some way for me to get it replaced...and it's not a loss.

Thanks for any help or feedback that can be provided.