When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rolex explorer 2 42mm

gmtlover

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved mine today from Toro (swiss) and it is by far the most accurate version ive seen to date. Annoyingly there are issues with Lume application on some of the white dial versions (noob QC issues) and an over shiny dial on the black.

The SEL fit on mine is acceptable, the bracelet is beautiful, particularly after oiling, it's like butter. Lume great, bezel font ok, crystal and cyclops clear and sharp. I'm away for a few days but promise a decent photoshoot ASAP.

Its not perfectly smooth or rigid on the angles, but perhaps I got lucky as mines not as bad as some of the QC pics posted. The black version has a much better lume application - I examined one last night. The lume application to markers looks smooth, machined and more like gen. The dial is way to shiny though.

To conclude - From 30cm away my copy looks great, under a loupe Im sure it looks like a moon scape! But it is a bloody rep after all.

At least the dial hands and markers are a matching pure polar white in daylight.

One of the biggest tells of previous models is that in daylight the hands have a green hue, whilst markers are white, but in the dark they lume up the same blue hue - Ridiculous error, and a glaring inaccuracy to the genuine article.

Here's my contribution.. Just got today.

V decent lume application all round

BB8F5D30-3310-4DD9-8FFD-C5C05153A9F8-959

65D57B52-AF1C-4419-8D56-B07F719C2FC6-959

rehaut @9 just needs 1/3mm tweak :)

45611E9C-F86E-44F2-8C14-68B8AF1D1467-959

Indiv serial number @6

76DA7902-886A-425E-A97D-C1BDD6C269C2-959

Overall review is great value for price! Some say GmT needle is slightly off on blacks but a super easy mod, rehaut alignment also easy.

SELs look good even up close.. Bezel engraving is good enough to me, gen may be slightly deeper? Lastly, cyclops is good, occasional blue hues when it catches floruscent lights

Based on the gens Ive seen in the flesh and online, the GMT hand length looks perfect on mine.

It's not the hand length, it's the length of the orange color itself.  I know an owner of the black gen, have seen it up close, and the orange length is clearly too long on the rep.  Check gtanak's pix.. it almost looks like the orange goes all the way to the center, like the white.  On the black, the GMT hand is supposed to "float" like the original 1655.  It's an easy fix for those who want to do the mod, but it's a visual flaw out of the box.

It's not the hand length, it's the length of the orange color itself. I know an owner of the black gen, have seen it up close, and the orange length is clearly too long on the rep. Check gtanak's pix.. it almost looks like the orange goes all the way to the center, like the white. On the black, the GMT hand is supposed to "float" like the original 1655. It's an easy fix for those who want to do the mod, but it's a visual flaw out of the box.
Mine will arrive soon , and i want to mod it

who is recommended to do it for me :)

I will appreciate it .