When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Advise: Changing Watch Strap On Vintage Cali Radio?

alant

Hi dear all, need some help here as not familiar with pam vintage series.

Planning to get one of those vintage cali radio watch which davidsen just launched recently.

Looking at the pictures, seems that the lugs are welded to the watch case in one piece. Wondering how to change watch strap? Unlike the typical radiomir watches where they are like screws behind on the watch case to secure the lugs to the watch case.

If anyone has any experience with this please share, thanks in advance.

DSC_6194.jpg

You have to either have a strap maker make you a strap that can be sewn on by you or you have someone sew it onto the watch wire lugs, or even better would be if you could send the case or just mid-case to the strap maker so they can sew on a strap custom made by them to your specs. Also, some strap builders will do a custom strap that has a lip that folds over the lugs then snap closed so the strap can be taken on and off "but understand that this system does not have the same strength as if it were sewn on. Also they have a common strap that folds over and screws closed which is a strong bond but the look is not as nice looking than sewn on but thats a matter of taste. The last option i believe is a long NATO style strap that goes on without ever needing to take lugs off. A great Nato option for vintage pams is to find someone making a vintage compass strap w/GPF buckle but i can get expensive if you can not find a rep of one. I hope this helps? Thanks, R