When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello, My Name Is Aero And I'm A...

aeroguy

I went from being shocked at the size and bulk of the things, and seeing the dials

like crayon drawings from a four year old... to buying a 196, which I thought was

the most handsome watch I had owned up to that point..

However I never fell deep and got buried by Pamela, and always continued

my quest for 40 to 42mm tool watches, which are my main groove,..

I only own one Pam now, a swiss 212, that I love, but never seem to wear as maybe I feel

a bit overdone when sporting it.... and now am thinking about selling it...

I think however that I wont purchase another pam until the Mare Nostrum is released.. if ever..

"The thing about Pam's which makes this a bit more than just "different strokes" is that they're so over the top popular."

Good point. That was a problem for me too. That Bill Clinton was flashing one around was almost too much for me. But I'm not a small person and an all black Pam with a brown strap really did it for me. Big enough to read at a glance but actually subtle and not so blingy.

THAT is a classic... the 6 series are beauts too...

the best though imho are e28 M5's, look like German taxis, with huge brakes/wheels, lowered and 300HP

subtle and inocuous like a mallet...sleeper...

BMW's used to be car guy cars, now they have become status symbols...but that doesn't make them any less of a car...BMW engineering is world class, the engines may be THE best, tied with Ferrari...

Hey, I'm not a huge Beemer fan, either. But I wouldn't mind owning one of these (vintage BMW's rule):

152440-14489.jpg

Are PAMs part of the same lemming mentality? I dunno. To some extent I'm sure that's true, but I HAVE seen some yummy PAMs modded by Ubi ... lovely domed crystals etc. Didn't one have an "onion" crown? I'm talking the really old ones here.

Like you say.

Plus the WM and Davidsen vintages and the occasional special build with an Angelus or Cortebert movement.

Come to think of it, I also saw a Fiddy on Usil's wrist that looked pretty darn sensational...