When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer

barkhorn

Hello!

A long time since I don´t visit this forum.

I have a rep. Montbrilliant datora bought five years ago and it has recently died. I love that watch and I would like to buy a new one. I have read that the production of rep. Navitimers and rep. Datoras have been stopped. Is it true or it is only a rumor? Do you know any seller who could sell one of these yet?

If it was impossible to buy a new rep Breitiling with slide rule I would consider to swap the Asian 7751 with a genuine 7751. I have read that this solution is feasible with rep. watches furnished with Asian 7750. What do you think? Could a watchsmith easily fix a genuine 7751 in my rep. Montbrilliant datora case? I can´t find any information about it.

I know my English is terrible. Sorry, It is not my native language.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If the Diatora is the same size as a NAVITIMER fighters rep it should take a gen 7750, which will cost from 250 to 350 euros on ebay.

Some pics and measures will help on this case. I assume that if it is an old 5 year version it should be even more prone to take a gen 7750, DOMI in Germany would make almost any swap or modification possible. I would also recommend you if you will go for the movement swap to make a double AR for the crystal , relume the Dial and put a new gen Date wheel.

Edited by Monito1975

Thank you for the answer Monito1975. By the way, your watch is great,

The Eta 7751 is different from the Eta 7750 (more complicated, and much more expensive too!) If a genuine 7751 fitted in my rep Datora, I would do the swap. But as I said before, an original 7751 may cost more than 500 dollars, so I have to be sure. Buying a new Navitimer rep. could be a great alternative, but getting one of them must be complicated nowadays.

Thanks again for your help.

Backhorn, I have not heard anything about the factories stopping the production of rep Navi´s but even so there are other models that uase the 7750/7751 asian movement is a direct swap. I m almost 100% sure that your watch will fit a gen 7750, but then I will recomend to you to get a gen DW, gen handset and do the crystal AR and relume of the rep dial.

Best Regards

M75