When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Can't Decide

greg

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a 212 but EL warned me not to... he said the weight is way off compared to the gen not to mention all the other flaws. I can handle it not looking exactly like the gen because I just want a good looking watch... hands too long, too short.. big deal.. but if it's too light weight?

That's a deal breaker for me. Anybody know how many grams the 212 comes in at?

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a 212 but EL warned me not to... he said the weight is way off compared to the gen not to mention all the other flaws. I can handle it not looking exactly like the gen because I just want a good looking watch... hands too long, too short.. big deal.. but if it's too light weight?

That's a deal breaker for me. Anybody know how many grams the 212 comes in at?

Hrm, I don't agree with this. The Swiss 212 is an excellent purchase - I have two of them and they keep perfect time.

As for the weight, they're heavy enough. Indeed, most of the non-Panerai people remark that it's too heavy for them. Ok, it's lighter than the gen, but not lightweight.

For a few hundred dollars, what are people expecting? Sometimes I get the impression that we're expecting the original Panerai 212 (worth $4500 or more) to be made available for $300, then get 'disappointed' when it isn't.

Although I'd love the gen, I'm so happy with my Swiss 212 replicas, that I now couldn't possibly justify the difference in price. For instance, is it *that* much better? Not really.

Oh...but I wouldn't get the 253, personally. I bought one and thought it was a bit too detailed - I didn't like the chequered face (I was sent the 253 by mistake, instead of a 212).

Edited by moxxey

Hrm, I don't agree with this. The Swiss 212 is an excellent purchase - I have two of them and they keep perfect time.

As for the weight, they're heavy enough. Indeed, most of the non-Panerai people remark that it's too heavy for them. Ok, it's lighter than the gen, but not lightweight.

For a few hundred dollars, what are people expecting? Sometimes I get the impression that we're expecting the original Panerai 212 (worth $4500 or more) to be made available for $300, then get 'disappointed' when it isn't.

Although I'd love the gen, I'm so happy with my Swiss 212 replicas, that I now couldn't possibly justify the difference in price. For instance, is it *that* much better? Not really.

Oh...but I wouldn't get the 253, personally. I bought one and thought it was a bit too detailed - I didn't like the chequered face (I was sent the 253 by mistake, instead of a 212).

Glad to hear you like it

maybe i should have done a poll to see which one people prefer and why

I'm new here so i will let one of the veterans start that poll