When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building a super franken 16600 suggestions needed!

irolexu

So far I have the following parts.

Ultimate SSD case set (may need to replace)

Gen ETA 2836-2

BK DWO

TC HANDS

Gen dial (D series)

Gen insert

Gen crown

Gen tube

TC v3 bracelet

My question here is does anyone know what I should do to achieve a better case? Or the case I have is good enough for this build. What other possible mods are there to do on such a case? I would love to get rid of that ugly crystal but don't see how as its just a press in crystal with a very thin nylon gasket. I hear there is puretime's octopus case but idk much about that can anyone specify what's the difference between that case and the existing case I already own? I would love to own a jackjo case as well if anyone wouldn't mind selling theirs :) anyways any input is greatly appreciated!

Jackjo  case SSD v2 Z serial will not fit the gen insert without modifying it(sand down the OD  about .11mm) and flatted the bottom part about the same or more to have it sit right. If done correctly you won't need to glue the insert. Just be careful. Every case is different.

Now, the Jackjo case is called that because of the modd'er who worked on it already(Crown guards trimmed, etc) and are the better picked of the bunch. 

The crystal is not gen and gen crystal will not fit.

The HEV works like the gen one(ie: it pushes out from the case)

Bezel is tight and correct thickness and has a solid feel

No removable rehaut, no gen like bezel construction

Gen dial does fit \ no rehaut issues on Jackjo case(May want to trim a bit further as I have done though)

A 3135 movement will fit tightly so a custom movement spacer needs to be sourced. A 2836-2 fits well and correctly. 

The case looks awesome though(Been working on three of these two of which I had JMB drill the lugs for)

I retrimmed the CGs a bit as I was after a particular look. 

Have fun with the project brother.