When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea Dweller Build.

TheRefinedSon

I've been sitting on parts for my Sea Dweller build for a while and I finally purchased a used and serviced ETA 2824-2 on the bay recently. Has anyone built an SD using the 2824-2? Mine comes with the service stem so I'll need a stem to fit it as well as a date wheel overlay. Anyone know which stem I should be using and where to get the proper date wheel overlay? The movement I'm using is from a Hamilton so I doubt the font on the date wheel would be accurate for this build. I'll post some pics of the parts tomorrow. 

I built this one for my wife like three or four months ago. Just recased it about two months ago. 

SLSD case and modified pearl by me.

the 2824-2 fits tight in there which I like. Just have to use a movement ring that fits, or trim the one you have. Notice how well the DWO aligns. 

DSC_0425.jpg

Since the movement is rebuilt you can always trade it here for a gen 2836-2 which will have the taller cannon. Or you can soure the parts from ofrei and have someone add these in. I did this for a different build but holding on the rebuild for later.

I do have to say its not sooooo noticeable on the SD in the pics I posted. Parts do fit

Hmmm, well. I'll test it, if it looks way off it looks like I'll sell the movement or trade it. They seem to be pretty close in price to the 2836, maybe I can swing a straight across trade or just sell the 2824 and pick up an asian movement. Whats the asian equivalent of the 2836?

Edited by TheRefinedSon