When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Donerix Canvas: Special Speedy Request

lhooq

i-wmMDFFF-X3.jpg

Many of us know donerix for his very beautiful and very exotic leather straps, but lately I've been seeing a lot of his canvas creations.  As I was wrapping up my Speedmaster CK2915 project, I suddenly remembered one of the Grail Inspiration photos I had downloaded many years ago.  It was of a '57 Speedmaster in remarkably good condition, and fitted with a military-looking, OD canvas strap. 

i-2TtxKpP-X3.jpg

I wondered if I could rep this photo?  The watch was receiving its final touches from The Zigmeister, but I wanted to try and get a strap ready before it returned to me.  I emailed E with my request and a few reference photos.  As always, everything went smoothly as we nailed down the color, dimensions, and the buckle.  Unfortunately (or not), one side effect of the transaction was that E is now looking for a straight-lugged Speedy of his own.  The more, the merrier!

The 19mm strap came in a serious-looking pouch and fit my Speedy and Daytona perfectly.  How well did it match up to the reference?  Other than the texture of the canvas...  well, just look at it!

i-pJd5bn8-X3.jpgi-QnS5JqS-X3.jpg

The strap was surprisingly more robust than I expected.  I hadn't realized, for example, that the entire backside would be lined with leather.  It's very comfortable, and adds about a couple millimeters of height to the watch head.  

i-fZKTPWg-X3.jpg

i-XgHVfWV-X3.jpg

i-QbtK42n-X3.jpg

i-BMPD2fq-X3.jpg

Stunning piece of work.  I highly recommend it and anything from donerix. 

Thanks, E!