When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Jones Running Fast

jamesg

Evening...

I recently received the Asian Unitas Jones from Andrew which is a superb value watch but unfortunately it's running a little too fast and gaining about 5 minutes per day.

I can see a slow/fast lever on the movement... So if I remove the caseback and move the lever will this adjust the speed of the watch? If any experts here could recommend how far to push it into the slow area to adjust it from gaining 5 minutes per day to zero.

Any help gratefully received.

JG

151244-14712.jpg

So if I remove the caseback and move the lever will this adjust the speed of the watch? If any experts here could recommend how far to push it into the slow area to adjust it from gaining 5 minutes per day to zero.

This will adjust it, yes. However, try it one notch at a time and see how it goes. This is a gradual process that can take days, unless you're lucky. :blink:

My Jones keeps perfect time... but seems to need an unusual amount of adjustment:

151257-14710.jpg

All watches differ, of course - but I have never know a watch need such extreme travel of the regulator arm.

Mr Pugwash is right, of course. Advance the lever one half-notch, leave it for 24 hours and note the improvement to timekeeping. Repeat as necessary.

With such a long lever, the "Jones arrow", adjusting this watch should be a breeze.