When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are Those Folks At Paypal Out Of Their Minds?

blueclub

Try using your card for several large purchases in a same day, so something you never did before

When a credit card company shuts down your card due to suspicious activity, it only takes a phone call to fix it. They don't close your card for 180 days while they "investigate".

Imagine if your bank worked like paypal... You fly to HK on business and use your debit card at a shop. They shut down your debit card. You call your bank and they tell you to fax in everything including your latest blood work. You tell them you're on business and need your debit card. They tell you "too bad, we're putting a 180 day hold on your checking account and after that you're free to close your account".

Hmmm.... Paypals behaviour does not seem to be as innocent as a credit card company or bank eh?

I often wonder if there is more too it than stated in a post as I've never had a problem with PP in 4 or 5 years dealings. I never choose service as an option, only goods nad never get issues.

I assume this email came from Paypal and is not a spoof and you have only replied through your PP access page!

I"m always getting threatening mails supposedly from Paypal and Ebay but are never genuine.

yeah, phishing scams are abundant. Never ever click on their links.

I wish there was more to it, but that's what angers me - there isn't. For my problems, it was problems that shouldn't exist... or SHOULD be easily resolveable.

i have to admit though that PP has greatly improved since back in '00-03 ... i did get $50.00 from joining in an the class action lawsuit... so that does say something about their customer service back then.

i can only hope they strive to imrove and not leave people hanging.