When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little help needed, BK DSSD pbdad pearl install

gmtlover

Hi guys,

I lost my original pearl on my BK DSSD and ordered a new one from PBdad. 

But the problem I have is that the PBdad pearl doesn't fit in the old hole, I need to make it bigger.

I tried drilling it with a hand drill but that is doing nothing. The ceramic is just to hard.

How can I make to hole bigger without breaking the ceramic because I read a lot of posts where people try to drill ceramic and then the ceramic breaks..

This is the hole I am talking about.

post-41219-0-91552600-1356270880_thumb.j

Hi mate.I've got the same modded watch and the same problem but my watch arrived with bezel cracked already .I found that there are different makers of these watches and so the inserts are also different.it may be safer to just buy a complete insert from Trevor time with pearl already fitted .i ordered 2 and I will keep the other as a spare.

you should try a rounded file that will fit the hole. slowly filing till you get the perfect snug size to fil the pearl. i did the same with my ultimate sea dweller and used a jewelers glue called G-S hypo cement

you should try a rounded file that will fit the hole. slowly filing till you get the perfect snug size to fil the pearl. i did the same with my ultimate sea dweller and used a jewelers glue called G-S hypo cement

Thanks! Will try that! Have to search the Internet for it. Already have the glue. Very frustrating to see my favourite rep lying on my desk without the insert not being able to wear it ;-)

got myself a round file!

And then..wow it look long to make the hole a little bit bigger. But after an hour or so it was big enough to receive to PBdad pearl.

add a little bit of glue and now it is stuck on there! I am happy.

Also did a little mod to the insert numbers. white with platina mixed.

Only thing is the lume on PBdad pearl looks green compared to the dial..

Anyway here is a shot with my iphone 5

post-41219-0-33260800-1356647609_thumb.j

lume shot

post-41219-0-88509900-1356648154_thumb.j

BTW anyone here who knows how I can restore my bracelet, the pic shows a lot of scratches on the bracelet. 

I way it really every day so not strange but would like to make it nicer again without polishing it of course, I do not wan't a shiny bracelet! 

thanks!

it's what PBdad sent me, he should know right..?

actually looking at it now I think you are right! not high enough for a dssd pearl

I feel pretty stupid now not even noticing it myself..

have been to occupied with the task of installing it rather then really looking at the pearl..:-S