When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pic and Timegrapher questions

jpz5142

I got my QC pics on my first TD rep purchase. I think the watch is ok, however my concern is for the movement, it is a Swiss 2836 GMT ICHS for the new 216570. It pic shows the beat as 28800 with +13 sec, amplitude is 259 and beat error is 0.4ms.

My question is the timegrapher shows the lift angle at 53, I thought that the 2836 was 52? Is that possiblely why the amplitude is low? and the rate to be +13 sec? I am thinking that I might reject this one based on movement, however the way the QC pics went for the asian 2836 I might keep it if the experts feel it is a safe gamble to get the watch and give it a service and it would be ok. Thoughts please...

post-37023-22981.jpg

Thanks Gtanak - I allready read that post. I guess if I rephrase my question a bit it would help. Iis the lift angle of the 2836 with GMT supposed to be 53 or something else? and does any one know if the timegrapher used by Angus automaticly pre-programs the beat error or if it was a simple mistake by a hurried worker at Pure Time? I am trying to get a reply from PT but I also figured I could get a response form the experts here. I am not a watch maker and not an expert with movements so I am only able to remotely remember the articles that I have read in the past, I thought that if lift angle was manually entered higher than it was for the given movement it would artifically decrease the estimated amplitude. If this was the case then my movement might really have a much better amplitude than 259, however I am a bit of an amateur on the logic of horology and timegraphers. I am also not certain how (if at all) this (if it was a mistake) would effect seconds/day