When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Bezel Paint mod on sa3135 V2 sub C

dbane883

Removed the paint on the bezel from the V2 3135 last night: post-48564-135758403553.jpg Applied acetone with a small brush and wiped it away. Easy peasy. post-48564-135758408749.jpg If I have the energy, I will apply the platinum paint tonight. Ideally I should have removed the pearl, but like the noobs, the damn bezel won't come off. I also don't want to twist it off with pliers as it might crack the ceramic. Painting around the pearl will be a challenge. Here's a before pic: post-48564-135758423477.jpg

Edited by dbane883

Maybe an advice, remove the pearl with a knife.

Heat the insert with a hair dryer or heatgun.

Then make a little hook from a paperclip and stick it in the hole from the pearl.. Now gently pull it up.. When the insert comes up then work your way around your bezel and out the insert comes!

Goodluck!

Maybe an advice, remove the pearl with a knife. Heat the insert with a hair dryer or heatgun. Then make a little hook from a paperclip and stick it in the hole from the pearl.. Now gently pull it up.. When the insert comes up then work your way around your bezel and out the insert comes! Goodluck!
I know that works with the steel bezels, but the raised sub c pearls seem to be epoxied on. Not sure a knife will work. I'll try tonight.

No same as what Was originally there. Double sided 3M tape. I tried glue first. But after I noticed the the insert was to low. So then I used 3m double sided tape and the height was correct again. Don't forget to heat it before you start pulling it up
I was referring more about the pearl. I think I will epoxy it back on as it sticks up more so that any other Rolex pearls.