When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ideas and advice on PVD options

sgtguk

So I've been looking for a Pvd rep for a while and nothing has caught my eye until today, I'm not a major Pam fan but I just clicked onto Puretime and spotted this 389 Pvd and now I'm in love  :notworthy:  http://www.puretime.co/product/pam389-n-luminor-submersible-1950-amagnetic-pvd-on-black-rubber-strap-25j/  

I am just wondering if there is any other Pam available similar to this one but maybe a bit smaller, I know I know, but being used to wearing Rolex nearly all the time 47mm takes some getting used to! 

I have an 029 which I love but don't wear that often because its a bit dressy in my eyes but the 389 looks spot on as a daily wearer, and it fits a hole in my collection too :inverted:  as always any help appreciated guys, Cheers  :good:   

Thanks for helping with this wm  :inverted:  had a look at the 04 and the 09 too but not feeling it mate, and thanks for letting me know this one is nothing like the Gen, does look great as a stealth watch (yeah right at 47mm  :inverted:)  will give Angus a shout see if he has one! 

Thanks again !

ya S, W is right. That PVD 389 looks nothing like the gen 389... in fact it's just PVD 305 (don't get me wrong, I love the 305, except for the display case back)

The gen 389 is in a league of it's own, have a look at this and tell me it's not pure awesomeness

http://www.wristwatchphoto.com/2012/10/panerai-pam389-luminor-submersible-1950.html

ya S, W is right. That PVD 389 looks nothing like the gen 389... in fact it's just PVD 305 (don't get me wrong, I love the 305, except for the display case back)

The gen 389 is in a league of it's own, have a look at this and tell me it's not pure awesomeness

http://www.wristwatchphoto.com/2012/10/panerai-pam389-luminor-submersible-1950.html

Your right it is bloody awesome, love the way the dial and ceramic bezel looks  ;)  had a look at both the 305 and the Noob 360M but the 389 just has something I love  :notworthy:  gonna have to get one and see how it goes! 

Thanks for the info P  :inverted: much appreciated !

So I'm really in two minds whether the 389 is going to be way to big for me, but I love the look ;)  does anyone have a Pam029 and a Pam that is similar size (47mm) to the 389 that they could take a wrist shot for me to compare? I wouldn't normally ask this sort of stuff but really like the 389 in Pvd it just worries me it will be massive on my 7.5 inch wrist :bangin:  if anyone can help would really appreciate it ! Cheers