When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaker Recommendation Needed Please for DSSD and PAM111

fishrising

Looking for recommendations on who I should send my (1) PAM111 N series from Noob with factory upgrade V3 to make it as WR as possible?  And (2) who should I send my DSSD to (it's either a v6 or Ultimate, not 100%) to make as WR as possible, and better align my pearl, and verify which DSSD I have and what the movement is?

CONUS would be preferred, and if in the Northeast US, or CT, even better!

Thank you!  In the meantime I will continue to search and read and see what I can come up with on my own.

Can you open the caseback? Do you have any watch tools? It's fairly easy to make your watch water resistant......if you are handy (if not, keep on looking for a watchsmith):

- buy watch grease like DC#7 Silicone grease from Ofrei (you could get the tools there, too)

- open your watch and check that they have rubber o-rings (caseback, crown, and tube) grease all of them.

- check that your crystal is setted properly......a lot of times this is your weak point......either they don't have gasket/plastic seal or they're not glued (if I could get to the xtal, I glue mine).

- put it together and tighten the CB, if all you want is just to shower/work around the kitchen with it, a quick 30sec. dunk in a jar of hot water is all it takes to test, no fogging??? then your good to go.

swimming/diving with it.....have it tested....at least to 10 ATM. 

I've done these to all my watches and I could shower with all of them.......the divers I swim/dive with. Even some of the Chronos I dived with. I used to have an AP ROO Safari that I took down to 90+ ft.

Good luck!