When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Head is Going to Explode - Sub Question - Help me work this out

Mardo

Alright, I apologize in advance for this question but I have been out of the rep world for a while and am now just getting back! After not being active for over a year it seems as though some things in the rep world have changed for the better. The H-Factory when I left was the best game in town and now it looks as though they have moved on to other brands and makes, that's a huge step in the right direction. The price vs. quality imbalance seems to have corrected itself from the posts I have read and great quality watches are now at reasonable prices. 

Question-

Sub c-

Seems as the sub c is a hot topic but in my search I could not find any reviews of it, last time I was here BK had the best one and it was just ok. Has that changed? Is the new sub c offered by Angus, Sead and the Cartel all coming form the same factory and the same quality? Anyone have a review or link to one that I can read? (I did search and couldn't find one!, so I don't want any use the search button smart ass answers!!)

16610 and 16610LV

Are TC and BK still the best games in town? Are any of the other factories making off the shelf anything close to what they offer as far as build quality and detail? I see BK's prices have dropped since I bought his LV v1 and TC is essentially the same price as the old BK's. 

Thanks for your help guys!!

Unless you want something custom built (and very costly) TC is your best option for a 16610 at this point.  The latest round of SubCs seem quite good but they're still powered by that damn 2836 so the crown height is a huge tell for me!  The SA3135 option that Angus sells is the best looking but lacks superlume and really needs a service before it can be considered a stable movement.  Even then it should still be considered as the asian clone movement it is...

The new subC reps are coming from "BC" maker and have SL and AR with correct sapphire pearl they look top notch in my opinion. But as stated they have incorrect crown height and still have a ways to go. Eventually we will see "TC" quality in the subC but until then we can enjoy what we have now :)

Not a fan of the old school (pre ceramic) black sub but the old school Sub LV, i would say TC V1 LV. Clasps on some of these TC reps are a bit crap mind. 

The latest SubC on Josh's site looked great until i realised the text on the dial (Officially certified) has no bloody gap in it!

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlss00008-116600-submariner-p-13285.html

Looks nice apart from that. I really can't understand why they can replicate a watch, doing all the hart parts like case pearl etc, and then miss something so obvious. My only guess is they are there deliberately to make us keep buying new reps.

I'm still on the lookout for a good SubC LV rep with the correct sunburst dial, but still nothing decent on the market Happy to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will be.. :)

Craig- I agree that some of the version improvements are pre-planned so people on boars like this will keep demanding fixes and therefore buying new watches. They have always done that, fix one flaw but create another where a v1 had a perfect lugs/case (whatever) v2 then screws that up but fixes a dial issue. 

Are the LB and LN V2s the current versions Sub C versions? What dealer sells those (or do they all sell them)? I personally have always loved the LV and prefer the older versions without the ceramic bezel to those with the ceramic. TC will be getting my order soon for one of his LV's

• 2 weeks later...