When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sunny xtals installed - beginning of two PO projects

z3k0

Few months ago I ordered two POs, UPO 45.5 and 5th gen 42 mm, with idea to start one or two franken projects. So, I liquidated part of my collection and started :) I must say Sunnydale crystals came in perfect time for me, since neither UPO nor 5th gen PO have crystals that are even close to acceptable for such a project. 5th gen crystal is a bit better than UPO crystal, but still nowhere close to perfect. First I got one of Sunnys first batch UPO crystals, and it was already better than either of these two rep crystals, but this new "super" AR crystals are really fantastic. For the moment I removed gen crystals from to-do list. Unfortunately, 42mm PO dial is currently out of stock at Cousins, but it should be back on 12th of February, and when they get it I'll continue these builds. 

IMG_0146.jpg

Current status of these two projects is: 
UPO:
- Sunny super AR crystal
- Gen DW
- Paint mod on seconds hand
- Aftermarket insert with gen pearl
- Gen buckle
To do:
- Gen dial, hands, crown, tube
- maybe He valve

5th gen:
- Sunny super AR 
- Gen seconds hand
- Gen DW
To do:
- Gen dial, hands, crown, tube
- Gen bracelet endlinks
- maybe He valve

Considering rep parts, i prefer dial texture and color on UPO dial, although dial lume on UPO is crap and it is decent on 5th gen. Both dials are black, of course, but 5th gen dial is not so "deep" black like UPO dial, and in some situations it has some strange green-ish hue (at first I tought it was due crystal, but it is not). 

Some more pictures:

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Lume shot - on left is UPO with gen pearl, on right is 5th gen with gen seconds hand:

IMG_0158.jpg

regards