When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor help!

thewatchmanpr

Well, first you start with a ....... The really nice tudors around here are all frankens. Start with a good vintage 1680 case, find a nice dial and hands throw in a slow beat like a ETA 2783 and you are well on your way to a nice Tudor.

Or you could throw in the slow beat swiss eta 2840 I have for sale........lol 

there you go, you're on your way. Get the 2840, find a case, dial and hands and let MD2020 install it for you.

Read, Grasshopper, search Tudor Sub, lots of threads on Tudor builds. if you want a non date, search 5513, good start for a non date Tudor. There is lots and lots of info out there, you just need to spend a little time digging it out.

What all this is in a nutshell, you aren't going to find a nice "ready made" off the rackTudor sub, you're going to have to make one.

I really like it. I sort of looked at one a while back, but i have a genuine MKII Stingray that's so similar that It would be pretty redundant. It's a great watch, and i believe the one he builds is probably the closest to the genuine out there.

Just as and aside. Bill Yao the owner of MKII bought the entire kit and kaboodle from Tornak-Rayville a few years back. He got the name, patent rights, etc.. He actually built 15 very limited edition T-R's a couple of years ago and plans to build more, but who knows when?

Here's my MKII

post-327-0-92129000-1359836591_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-40441000-1359836894_thumb.jpg