When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Power?

Torques

The first time I wound up my Pam 126 by hand, I did it to the halfway mark (20 hours). Then after only wearing it around eight hours, the meter worked it's way up to 40 hours. Is that normal? After getting up this morning (watch sat for 6 hours), the dial is still maxed out at 40.

Edited by Torques

where is the problem? :g:

my boss and coworker both have this same watch, and apparently it doesn't take much movement to power the mainspring. Both stay maxed out unless they take it off and let it wind down, and both are running fine with no problems. Those Asian 21j movements are work horses.

Thanks for the responses, I was just thinking in an anally conservative way. I figured if it stayed wound around the halfway point, then there would be less stress on the spring. I basically nothing about the inside of these watches. I have ordered a case opener and a few other things and we'll see what happens. Can anyone recommend a company that sells the tabletop viewing devices (magnification with lighting). Thanks.