When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Concord C1 possible to customize strap?

Smab

I purchased the C1 back in 2009, but it has not gotten much wrist time due to uncomfortable rubber strap and deployment buckle.

So, yesterday I removed the two screws on each "lug side" and the strap came off very easy with no hassle. Some have written that the strap was "fused" to the case, that is not true to this rep.

Each half of the strap has a small metal tab, that enforces the attachment to the case, but it is in no way glued or loctited to the case.

So I was thinking of using a heavy 26mm strap and drill two holes to fit on the C1 case, it will not be a custom fit, but I want to try it. This is a strap I am not planning to use anyway, so I might just as well ruin it with the drill.

Any one else tried this one?

Secondly I was playing with the idea to have a metal work shop I know, make a customized metal (steel or aluminium, perhaps eloxated, insert with 26mm lugs and attachment of the kind PAMs have, where you can use screw in springbars (like the PAMS have) , which can be attached with the two screws, and then you can use all standard straps on the market.

What do you think of the idea? Have anyone else been thinking the same thing?

I have searched the web for aftermarket straps, but have found nothing (0, zip, zero) that can replace the OEM fit strap, that I hate.

mmmhh, I believe you will see no chance to just screw a standard 26mm strap to the watch as the C1 rubber is specially curved to fit the lugs.

But you might find a good strapmaker who can copy the style of the original rubber and use the metal inlets for a leather strap (did so with the first AP ROO strap that ORLOFF did for me).

Good luck anyway.

Dr. Theo

Hi again. I just finished a custom strap combo for the C1. It was not easy, but I managed. I used a 14,4V electric drill to make holes in the strap for the screws. Then I covered the hole for the screws in the strap with some furniture sticker dots (as you can see on the pictures). It was much more comfortable than the original strap with deployant buckle. Since this is a very thick strap (about 7mm) I reckon that is the reason it was suitable for this custom fit.

Pics are uploaded now...

• 3 weeks later...