When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

127 Hands Question

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting a Noob 127 after CNY and am trying to get my information straight as far as mods needed. One of the things I have a question about are the hands. I searched this and other forums but can't find the information. I am hoping that some of the experts here can enlighten me.

The Noob hands seem to have a flat on the point of the hands, where as the genuine hands are pointy. The aftermarket hands on eBay also have the flat section. I have several genuine pictures saved and it looks like there were two types of hands used. The biggest difference to me is the minute hand. One set has a longer point while the other is stubby. Is that correct?

Also, where is the best place to get more accurate hands? Thanks in advance for enlightening the uneducated :)

Puretime Noob

052c4795d7b39e555377ce3844fb027d_zps6e33

Longer Pointed Minute Hand

f2c209fd6f4d406738c92bcb3f0702cd_zps9dd5

Shorter Stubby Minute Hand

1c821447fc80abaf301332660f4bf583_zps43dc

Thanks watchmeister.  I will look into the DSN hands.  Do you remember when you compared them and was it on this board.  I searched but couldn't come up with anything.  Thanks again!!!!

I never posted it. Someone sent me a DSN FIddy to look at and I had an EL and a gen at the time. The DSN hands looked really good. Much better than the EL's. But as I said i haven't seen a noob in the flesh..