When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem winding 029 GMT (Asia 2836-2)

slask111

Hi,

Im really hoping for some input here.

I just bought a PAM029 V2 from a fellow member and i seem to have problem winding the movement. I cant set the time by turning the time forward. If i try to move the time forward the hands stop moving after a while. So now i have to set the time by moving the time backwards, and as a result it dosent change the date when i pass 12.00. I have not owned a GMT movement (Asian 2836-2) so im not sure if this is how you are supposed to set the time. But it just dosent feel right, and om my handwind pams i set the time by moving it forward. Anyone who knows?

Video of the problem:

http://youtu.be/IH7Cp14mz3Y

Edited by slask111

It sounds like a problem in the keyless works. I just fixed a similar issue on a gmt 2c for a mate. I had to replace one of the parts but this may just be dirty and the arm(can't remember the real name) is not moving back fully hence when you turn the hands backwards the gears mesh as they are forced together but when you go forwards they slip past each other.

It sounds like a problem in the keyless works. I just fixed a similar issue on a gmt 2c for a mate. I had to replace one of the parts but this may just be dirty and the arm(can't remember the real name) is not moving back fully hence when you turn the hands backwards the gears mesh as they are forced together but when you go forwards they slip past each other.

If this is the case, would it be an easy repair for one of our modders? Are there even spareparts avalible if the keyless works is messed up? 

I have just tried repairing a pro hunter rollie with gmt and the problem is when I set the keyless works and then POP out the stem and case it up and then try to insert the stem again you have to be very carefull because the yoke will POP over the castle wheel and then you can't set anything. It's a pain in the ass. That's what could of happened to you.

i have not tried to remove the stem or even look at the movement. Im not that great with movements. ;)

Thnx for the input fellas. I will try to find Domi and ask if he can sort out the keyless on this movement. Im hoping this could be an easy fix  ;)