When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rolex sub bezel insert?

buffedupboy

I believe the SOB is still left justified.... I'm so over this TC... there's just too many things to fix on them! might as well just build your own with a TC case cause it just goes on and on!

That's why I want someone to post the typeI , I'm really curious to see if there's is as bad as mine..I'm so sick of hearing about how great these watches are then get clubbed over the head when you point out the obvious.....it's a great case and bracelet.... I'm wondering if the Green insert is good but I'm yet to see anyone post close ups....and I can't agree about the Clark's, I've got one and beside the wm9 it's garbage.

Both bk and tc use WM9 dial. The first WM9 16610lv with the green insert has the older dial with thicker metal indices around the hour lume dots. For me this is an instant tell of a rep. Anyone who owns a gen maxi will be able to tell right away. The second one you posted, the TC 16610lv with the black insert has the newer WM9 Maxi dial with thinner metal indices around the hlume dots. I think it's passable unless you have eagle eyes. It's better but not perfect. With the Tc, just install a gen insert and a gen crystal and your 99%

Mitch...the owner of the TC LV I did the crystal and insert for seems to be having stem lenth issues so no pics yet.

But prior to pressing on the gen AR'd crystal for him I rotated through all 31 days to check for alignment of the DW...knowing the gen crystal would magnify mis-alignment.

That one he has had all 31 days darn near perfectly centered and aligned and that was looking at it with 10x magnification.

I have to assume it had the TC v2 DW in it but who knows....there seems to be variations in the TC DWO's or some have been installed off center.

chibiunko....no...the 2004-07's wouldn't have came with the AR'd crystal. Mitch is right...if you wanna go gen crystal and date era correct is an issue the standard is the way to go.

But the AR'd version is an incredible upgrade and it really "works".

The 16800's of 1986 would have had a 2mm pre-LEC sapphire but I used the AR'd version because it's clarity, paired with the larger vintage font is what I "wanted"..........

I can actually see my date from any angle on the wrist. :)

Mitch....I forgot I snapped a pic for the owner of the TC LV after installing the AR'd crystal and insert for him.

There seems to be variations in the TC v2 DWO's or they're being installed mis-aligned because Brother...I tell ya the date on this one is aligned and centered through all 31 days..........................

buffedupboy: my apologies for getting "side-tracked" on your Thread Brother.

IMHO a gen insert (aside from what's been posted here regarding LV inserts) is the best way to go.

Though as already stated, the gen LV inserts aren't the cheapest inserts to use but they just don't come any better :)

• 2 weeks later...