When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Identifying Vintage Omega Seamaster Model Number

Big Dazza

Hi guys,

My dad gave this seamaster to me years ago and had it serviced, just something bugging me- the crystal is cracked along the edge and is slightly loose. I would love to get a new Omega crystal fitted (original one with Omega symbol at the centre) but I have no idea what model this Seamaster is to get the correct part.

It is a manual wind movement and has a date magnifying cyclops which is under the surface of the crystal (not above like Rolexes do).

I also wanted to know if the crown should have an Omega logo too (the one currently on it is a plain crown).

Hopefully someone with some knowledge of vintage Omegas would be able to help me out and if you know where to get the above crown and crystal that would be great :)

DSC_0383_zps2f96f777.jpg

you should be able to open up the caseback and the movement number will be there. I have this watch as well, but I cannot recall the movement number, but mine is accessed via the caseback.  The cyclops is indeed unusual as I have never seen these on vintage seamasters.  could possibly be an aftermarket crystal.  The gen oem omega crystals are quite expensive.  most reputable watchsmiths will have aftermarket ones in stock.  It is not necessary to get an omega oem crystal anyways, but always nice to have an additonal signed piece as it increases its value.  the logo will be a the center of the crystal and will appear just over the cannon pin as a faint etch mark only visible with a loupe. this watch as is could fetch 300+ dollars, depending on its quality.  more with an omega buckle or bracelet. the crown should be signed as well.

Case back doesn't open on my model and can only get it open from the front and I think this one is a split stem crown, trying to get an oem replacement crystal and crown. The crystal on it at the moment has the tiny omega symbol in the centre of the plexi so trying a mini restoration :)

I think this might be a 135.0020 model although the omega website states it should be a gold plated watch with that number, but when I search Google there are stainless versions going by that model number.