When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Tourbillon RG/RU Black Skeleton Flying Tourby - Worth it?

dinokun

I saw this tourby selling for $808 at perfect clones....Wondering are they worth the $808? damn reading alot and seems to find alot people need to mod this as well...

maybe buy a hbb v6 swap out the movement with this from the bang tourby??

http://www.1-pc8838.com/hbt10012-bang-tourbillon-cerru-black-skeleton-flying-tour-p-9843.html

Firstly, you must be aware that is a fantasy model.

I owned it before, and later sold it. It is a very nice looking piece, and fantasy or not, a beauty to behold.

I do not know what you mean by mods to be done to this watch. Care to share please?

Thanks

owh..I cant find the page now, on repgeek, someone did a swap to make it looked better, because he said the bezel on the tourby is horrible compared with the new v6.... :)

if u didnt mentioned its a fantasy rep, i wouldnt catch on..I guess its a little pricy for a fantasy

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about maybe getting the RG model of this.

The main problems I see is that finding anyone to work / service one of these is difficult from what I have read, so difficult faults / problems means you've as good as lost your money.

Am I right in thinking the movements on these are assembled by the same places and have minimal QC and really need serviced / cleaning / lubing as soon as you get them? You would think for $800 they would at least give them a proper service from new!

I suppose I'm trying to find out how reliable they are? How long have other buyers kept them for? How many problems have people had with them?