When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Birthday gift- Seal JLC or ROO or LUC Pro One

fischyyy

Hey guys,

yesterday was my birthday and I'm undecided what do get. I'm stuck between the AP ROO, the Chopard LUC Pro One or the Seal JLC.

My current daily beater is a PAM 104, with the occasional Aquanaut day and an Explorer 2  for special occasions.

- How is the lume on the JLC compared to the ROO? They are not superlume but I know the JLC lume is considered pretty good.

How easy would it be to relume the watches?

-Which is the best OOTB rep? I wouldn't want to spend a lot on a Hornback for the ROO so I would keep it on the factory rubber. I really hate the Seal strap I would need to get a new one there probably, but the watch is considerably cheaper anyway

-Which ROO? I like the 2009 Silver theme edition, they have a video and QC pics up so I feel like I know what I'm going to get. And how does it compare to the the new RO reps which also look great.

-What about the Chopard LUC Pro One, the rep is pretty new and looks really good, although I've only seen the 1000 miliga at the local dealer

-Am I missing an obvious choice? I'd love a Navitimer but the reps are not up so scratch yet, any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

as we all know, choosing one is the hardest part :g:

• Like 1

Fisch,

Happy belated birthday!  I guess it boils down to what you care, is it good lume, accuracy, the style, strap etc. The way I choose is based on balancing my collection, try to get a nice ecletic mix if you can call it that. a balance of sports watchers, leather straps, SS, casual elegance, formal etc.

Cheers

PM

• 3 weeks later...

Very different watches. The JLC is probably the closest to gen. The gen is an $8k (or something like that). The Offshore is a gorgeous rep but as you can read elsewhere there are issues with case thickness, crown placement and hand tube size on the Offshore. It is a $25k plus gen when new. The AP Diver is a better comparison to the JLC - truly super rep of a $15k (??) piece. Generally, the automatics are better reps of watches with in-house movements. On the LUC I have never seen the rep. BUt IMHO the beauty in that one is the in-house decorated movement and the rep movement cannot possibly withstand scrutiny. So here is my order:

AP Diver 3.5

JLC NSD

Chopard