When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona and Milgauss issues

watchguy7575

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled across this site a few days ago and have been amazed.

Anyways, I have a Daytona rep and its not working so well. I had a watchsmith in Orange county, but he "fixed" whatever issue I was having before (i dont remember), and now it doesnt work. I can wind it and hear the rotor turning, but the time sticks after about 2-4 minutes and just doesnt keep time at all. He also put in some rubber gasket at the crown and that makes it very hard to close. Does anyone know of someone who can fix the daytona who is located in Socal? Equally, I can ship it. (I think its an asian 7750)

Also, I hate the bezel on this thing. The gen has proper grooves in the bezel for the tachymeter. this one just has an almost smooth bezel. I have looked for a gen bezel, but I cant find them. Any suggestions?

Also, regarding mods, I have a green milgauss from PT. The crystal is horrible on it. I owned the real thing and the crystals are just two different leagues. I heard the ebay crystals arent any better than the PT ones. Any suggestions on that one too?

Thanks

Knowing the specific model of Daytona would be most helpful when requesting assistance.

But, in general, it sounds like your watchsmith installed the wrong size gasket in the tube, which might explain the difficulty in moving the stem in/out.

As for the bezel, you can often find aftermarket parts for your Daytona on ebay.

If this is a modern model, with the running seconds at the 6 o'clock subdial position, then you should search out Ziggy's reviews of the secs @ 6 Asian 7750s (hint - there is a reason your watch stops). You might also search out my 'powdered graphite' remedy, which seems to work well. However, you will need to locate a watchmaker willing to overhaul your watch (completely disassemble, clean & re-lubricate all components) prior to applying the graphite treatment (I am not accepting any new work).